Shark Conservation

1118 of 18 items

What Sharks Eat And How Their Food Chain Is In Danger

by Michael Rogers
What Sharks Eat And How Their Food Chain Is In Danger

Shark diets vary greatly among the 440 different species of sharks. Some sharks are fast aggressive hunters that eat large prey. While other sharks are slow moving filter feeders, and eat the tiniest animals on the planet. However, all sharks are carnivorous, which means they eat other animals, though they each has unique evolutionary adaptations […]

Shark Culls: An Inhumane Practice

by Michael Rogers
Shark Culls: An Inhumane Practice

Shark culling is a practice in Western Australia where the government captures and kills large predatory sharks around populous beaches. Shark culls are designed to reduce the number of shark attacks against humans. However, this practice of massive murder has done nothing to protect people and in fact, is an inhumane practice that jeopardizes the […]

Shark Meat: Delicacy Or Dangerous?

by Michael Rogers
Do You Know The Truth Behind Shark Fin Soup?

Shark meat has been eaten by humans for centuries. In some cultures it is considered a rare delicacy that has healing medicinal benefits, in others it is a staple food, while in recent years it has emerged as a trendy feature in gourmet restaurants. However, shark meat is actually incredibly dangerous for your health. It […]

Sharks in Captivity

by Michael Rogers
Cutest Sharks

Sharks of all varieties are fascinating, inspiring, and hypnotizing to watch. There’s a reason why television features like “Shark Week” garner so much attention because sharks are just plain cool. With that kind of appeal, it’s easy for an animal lover to be attracted to the idea of adopting a shark to keep in a […]

Simple Ways You Can Help Save Sharks

by Michael Rogers
Shark Myths

100 million sharks are killed every year by humans. With long reproduction cycles and high rates of infant mortality, sharks cannot replenish their numbers fast enough to keep up with the destruction of their species. Most sharks are now on the endangered species list. As humans are responsible for the unprecedented killings of sharks, it […]

Do You Know The Truth Behind Shark Fin Soup?

by Michael Rogers
Child Friendly Shark Facts

Shark finning, the practice of removing a shark’s fins for culinary use, has a long and dark history. The primary use of the harvested shark fins is a traditional soup, favored in Chinese culture as a highly demanded delicacy. However, over centuries of shark finning becoming an increasingly common occurrence, the shark species that are […]

The Shameful History Of Shark Fin Soup

by Michael Rogers
Child Friendly Shark Facts

Shark fin soup is the greatest danger presented to sharks. Shark fin soup accounts for the deaths of around 70-100 million sharks every year. There is no specific species targeted for shark fin soup, so it is a threat to every type of sharks. Though a traditional Chinese dish consumed only on special occasions, with […]

Here’s What Would Happen If Every Shark On Earth Disappeared Today

by Michael Rogers
Weird Shark Facts

All shark species are being threatened by people. On average 100 million sharks are killed every year. That’s 3.7 sharks killed by people per second. About 70% of these sharks are killed for shark fin soup, while the other 30% are killed as a byproduct of commercial fishing or fear. Shark species cannot recover from […]